- Full screen display (F11) removes toolbars.
- When the display is jammed, Ctrl/Refresh updates also the format (style).
- Pressing Ctrl while using the mouse wheel, will enlarge and reduce the display.
- Press Ctrl/f to search text in the page.
- The best surfing performance is on Saturday morning.
- Surfing performance is affected by your system response time
- Keep at least 40% of your disk space free.
- Clean your disk from unnecessary files (I use the Microsoft system tool "Disk Cleanup").
- Defragment your disk (I use the Microsoft system tool "Disk Defragmenter").
- Remove unnecessary installed programs.
- Clean the system registry (I use
- Remove unnecessary programs from the system startup.
- Adding toolbars usually degrade performance, as it initializes background operations.
I built this website using stuff I found in the internet. My site is coded using pure CSS, without any table.
- I started learning HTML and CSS from HTMLSource.
- I followed the 12 Principles For Keeping Your Code Clean.
- I kept SEO best practices.
- In specific cases, such as styling forms, I used a
- All the time I was concentrating in performance. Do not use old code (e.g. tables),
and do everything you can so your pages will load faster. E.g. search for the optimal
Find more tools in Let's make the web faster by Google,
and tips at
Tali Garsiel's site.
- If you are eco-conscious, consider using reverse color schemes, that is light-colored text on a dark background. Even if the energy savings are small, they are representative of the need for each of us to start taking small steps to save energy.
- I checked for tags' validity in
- I validated my syntax using W3C Markup Validation Service.
- I ensured
Browser Compatibility of my pages.
- Periodically I check my website for broken links, using
Xenu's Link Sleuth.
- Stu's CSSplay website is
a goldmine. It includes creative and stimulating examples, and is handled both
professionally and passionately. Stu's code "feels" solid and robust, while
not missing out on ease of use and friendliness both to the viewer and the webmaster.
You will feel safe that Stu's code will be well looked after in future browser
- The real-time chart against Google Analytics data at the bottom of my About This Website page
is embedded from EmbeddedAnalytics.com.
- I store my website at GoDaddy.com,
where I also bought my Domain name, and recommend storing there in low prices. Disclaimer: I am GoDaddy affiliate.
If you buy using my link to GoDaddy,
you credit my account. Thanks :)
- I perform ongoing website promotion activities (e.g.
Web Site Promotion Guide,
55 Quick SEO Tips and
SEO Made Easy).
- I built inbound links such as:
- Linking to relevant pages from other pages on my website.
- Setting up a blog using Blogger, linked to my website.
- Submitting my website to search engines and directories; a link from a quality index promotes the site. I do not recommend using free search engine submission services, as your submitted page will get banned by Google.
- Opening personal pages in social and professional networks, forums and blogs, with links to my website.
- Adding social networks share buttons to my pages.
- Publishing articles in different sites, with links to my website; writing talkbacks with links to my site.
- I added an option of registering to a distribution list, and receive update notifications about new content in my site.