The life cycle in
In Costa Rica I felt the cycles of life and death in a tangible way. In the rainforests I experienced how the flora and fauna nourish each other, and how when one organism dies new life is created from it. Observing the various mechanisms that plants and animals develop was impressive. I experienced them all up close, because in Costa Rica the people are welcoming, and the animals do not shun humans. I traveled in Costa Rica in April 2022.
To the Costa Rica photo gallery ..
St Katherine Trek in Sinai
The granite mountains of St Katherine, generally known as "The High Mountain", rise to great heights in red and grey. Interspersed with granite "sculptures", lush orchards, clear springs, and cool wells. For five days we climbed up peaks, admired sunsets and sunrises, and spent the nights in orchards. Local guides from the Jebeliya Bedouins showed us the way, cooked, and their camels carried the luggage. I revisited the high mountains of Sinai in September 2021.
To the St Katherine Trek photo gallery ..
The mountain ranges in Montenegro are covered with black pine and beech trees, among which are flowing greenish streams, which pool into turquoise lakes. For a rainy week we trekked across mountain ridges, rafted along streams and glided suspended from ziplines, while raindrops and gray clouds blocked the view. Sometimes the cloud blanket rose, or even sunbeams penetrated them, revealing the beauty. I traveled in Montenegro in September 2019.
To the Montenegro photo gallery ..
- I uploaded new galleries from Bhutan: Buddhism, Jomolhari Trek, Landscape, People, and Hebrew travel diary (October 2018)
- I uploaded a new gallery Tour Mont Blanc (August 2018)
- I added new photos to the Jordan, Edom Mountains, (April 2018)
- I added a new painting to Inspiration for Artists page (November 2017)
- I uploaded new galleries from Greece: Ionian Islands, and a Hebrew travel diary (September 2017)
- I uploaded new galleries from Greenland: Disko Bay, Ilulissat, added new photos to the Iceland photo galleries: Landmannalaugar, Nature, and a Hebrew travel diary (July 2017)